Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 21: First letter from India - Just a little warm

Elder Dusara's first letter from India. He's thinking he won't be playing much soccer or basketball in India.  Not sure if there are places for them to play in the area he is serving at the moment.

My area is huge. There's about 3 million people in my area. But the mission itself is technically the biggest in the world. We cover Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Northern India. But I will never serve in Pakistan,Nepal, Bangladesh cause I'm not from there. They only allow residents to serve there.

So in India there's a lot of poverty. In some areas it smells bad. There's a ton of wild dogs, cats, and cows. I've also seen two monkeys roaming around as well. Crossing the streets is like playing frogger in real life except you only live once. The weather is so hot and humid. Have you ever been in a sauna or a hot room before? That's basically what its like from 8am-10pm. I feel so gross. 

On the plus side McDonalds delivers to my apartment so that's probably how I'll survive out here. But seriously all I've eaten is toast, coco puffs, and Oreos back at my apartment. I'm waiting on getting money on my mission debit card. Today I went out to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and I had a great burger and we were the only ones in the restaurant.

My companions are awesome. Elder Jalagam is from Hyderabad and he speaks Hindi fluently. That skill has came in handy so many times this past week. Elder Roberts is my American friend from Platteville, Wisconsin. Elder Roberts knows a little bit of Hindi so that's great too. They both have been out about 18 months and I can honestly say that I have no complaints about either of them.
This Sunday was my first Sunday in India and it was a great experience.

I was able to give a talk about missionary work and meet the members. There was about 60ish members in my branch (Delhi 4th Branch). It was just awesome to be on the other side of the world and see the same church and the same teachings. There's a lot of work to be done here. It wont be easy but I know it will be worth it.

Take care to all my friends and family back home. Happy 22nd Birthday to my brother Sanjeev Dusara. If you get married while I'm gone I'm going to kill you.