Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 17: Helping the members with missionary work

I'm slowly started to understand the area more and more. This past week was all sun and no rain. We are started to work with the members on their family mission plans. A lot of our member want to do missionary work, they just need a little bit of guidance for finding were to start.  When we left the Temple we were able to drive on Highway 1 and it was probably the best drive I've ever been on. So many beautiful beaches, houses, and stores.

My companion is teaching me a lot. He's read a lot of talks and finds ways to tie those into lessons or just into our studies. I believe that no matter who my companion is that there is always something to learn.

This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to the LA Temple and is was HUGE! Biggest temple in the world. Being able to go through it was an amazing experience. Angel Moroni is holding the trumpet in his right hand and the golden plates in his left. I've never seen any other temple have him carrying the gold plates. 

Temples are so beautiful inside and out. It is the house of the Lord. I know that one day I'll go there to be married and sealed to my eternal companion. I know that families can be together forever. The Billings family was kind enough to take us missionaries. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive with a little bit of traffic at the end.

For service this week we helped the Hernandez family move some stuff around in their backyard.