Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 46: New people to teach, Eating out too much Do something nice for someone else...report back

We are beginning to notice his letters getting slightly longer, and the missionary work growing. It's wonderful to see the progress Elder Dusara has made the past few months.  He is embracing his role as a zone leader and appears to have the support of his fellow church members and missionaries.

Yesterday at church we had a mini miracle. There was an almost" in-active" member that came to church and brought two of her friends that aren't members. Her brother told me that he wanted me to teach them, but I tried to make sure that they actually lived in our area. After sacrament I talked with Shruti to introduce me to her friends. Shruti then told me to teach both of her friends. One of her friends said she lived in Dwarka sector 6. I found out later that she doesn't live in my area. Anyway the second friend said she lives in East Delhi about 1 hour in a half away by car.

They both said that they will continue to come to church. During the second hour our branch presidency pulled me aside and told me to talk with the 3 of them during 3rd hour to build rapport and to get to know where there interest is. It was only supposed to be a 10 minute conversation, but as we did "How to Begin Teaching" questions arose which led us into teaching the first lesson. Both of them speak great English. We didn't have to use a single word in Hindi. It was easily the best 1st lesson that I've ever taught on my mission. We answered ALL of there questions and we introduced them into the Plan Of Salvation. Even during second hour both of these sisters were reading the BOM to participate in on the discussions.

This past week I went to my first MLC meeting where Elder Cratch and I had to give a 40 minute training on correcting disobedience. It went well and our mission President had a cook make us chicken curry for lunch. Plus he ordered us some drumsticks from KFC. This week I have to give another 40 minute training on "Ministering to The One". Then After I'll probably go to the mall with some American missionaries to eat some good food. Speaking of food I've  been spending too much personal money on going out to eat. out of the 50 missionaries here I easily lead the mission on spending the most money. So to fix this issue I'll be paying the missionaries that live in my apartment to cook for me. #ProblemSolved #99ProblemsFoodAintOne

We had our BMCM this past week for the first time in over a month. We had 76 people at church. We also made it a point to be at least 30 minutes early for church after what happened last week. We as missionaries should be setting a better example for our members. We had a total of 11 investigators at church yesterday which was great. We just need them to progress to baptism.

I love you all! I can feel our Heavenly Father bless me each and every day. This week I challenge all of you to do something nice for someone else to make their day. I can be as simple as holding a door open for someone or smiling at a stranger. Just do anything to lift their spirits. Message me back with what you've done next week.

Elder Dusara
New Delhi polution

Bowling scores...guess which one is his?