Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 26: The 6 month mark is here - Two investigators

If I was a sister missionary I'd be 1/3 of the way done, but I'm not so I'm 1/4 of the way done. This has been the fastest 6 months of my life. The next time I blink I'll be back in Washington.

So this past week we have been teaching two investigators that have baptismal dates. One of them is named Kohli. He has a wife that is a member. This is his 3rd round for taking the missionary lessons. But during the second lesson he told us that this was the first time that he has had a desire to read and pray. He also is secretly taking the lessons without his wife knowing. he doesn't want to tell her until a day before his baptism. The other person that has been progressing is named Shreya. She is living with the Massey family in the branch and she has been reading and is understanding everything that we say. 

Transfers are this week and I will be with Elder Jalagam this transfer. So we are both staying in the same area. Him and I are stoked because this transfer has a lot in store. We have two investigators with baptismal dates for the 18th of October. Also this transfer 4 American missionaries are going home. I going to miss all of them so much. They are one of my few connections back to the US.

I'm excited to be able to watch conference this week. We have a couple set appointments for each day this week. Plus on Saturday we are having dinner with the ambassador of Mali. So a lot of things to look forward to this week. 

I think I've set a new record of laziness. I went out and bought paper plates so I wouldn't have to do any dishes. I also have lasted 6 weeks in India and havn't cooked anything from scratch yet. I love you all so very much. I'm entering into the second quarter of my mission and I'm going to hit the ground running. Also there's only 83 days left until christmas... but who's counting?

Elder Dusara

A little background on the photos below. Ajay attended a grand opening event for H&M where he saw a few Bollywood celebrities.  The second photo is of the CEO of H & M department store. Ajay saw him in the mall liked way he carried himself.  Ajay went up and met him and introduced himself to him. During the course of the conversation, he found out the role this man plays in the organization.  Missionaries are required to be in casual clothes on P-day and are not asked to wear their name tags which is why he was in street clothes. 

Fashion Show

H & M CEO for grnad opening