Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 92: Visit to the Taj Mahal, room flooded...

Hello,

Last week Ashita was able to confirmed. She was so happy. She even made us a little scrapbook with pictures from her baptism, along with some notes. Her parents also said that they wanted us to teach them as well. We also were able to set Peter on a baptismal date for next month. 

Last Monday I forgot to share that my room flooded. The drain for the washing machine was clogged so all that run off water just flowed into my bedroom and then into our family room. My scriptures got soaked along with my hamper and my backpack. Our family room looked like someone just dumped a couple buckets of water on the floor. I guess it made it a little bit easier to mop lol. 

Okay so traveling to the Taj Mahal was a pain. Our trains left late and they took 3 hours to get there  instead of 2. We went to Agra fort first and took a ton of photos. We all got two cabs to drive us around for the day. We had a really nice lunch at an Indian restaurant. When we went to the Taj Mahal I tried to pass as a Native Indian because the price is 40 rupees (75 Cents) and the foreigner fee is 1000 rupees ($16). When I got to the front of the line they asked me to show my ID. I hid my Washington State drivers license in my pocket and showed them my registration to live here in India. After about 15 minutes of confusion they finally let me in by paying the native Indian price. The Taj Mahal was way cool! We all took photos for an hour before actually going into the Taj. It was definitely an experience that I will never forget, especially since it's one of the 7 wonders of the 
world. Coming home stunk. Our train was one hour late. We didn't reach Delhi until about 11PM. Then we tried to get cabs to pick us up but none of them could find us. So I didn't step into my apartment until about 12:45 AM. That's for sure the latest night that I've had in a long time.

Transfers are this week. Hopefully I will stay here for the rest of my mission.


Elder Dusara