Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 30: Meeting an apostle, and a fellow Washingtonian

Dear Friends & Fam

No earthquakes this week! It's starting to cool down a bit in Delhi. It's about 80ish degrees during the day. But during the nights it's about 50 degrees.

<Elder Russell M Nelson one of the 12 apostles in our church leadership. He  travels all over the world meeting with missionaries as well as other world leaders to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations> 
I've met countless professional athletes and I have no fear in talking face to face with them.But when I saw President Nelson I was slightly scared. When Russell M Nelson came to speak to our mission and he spoke to us about being more obedient. Then he went to an auditorium to talk to about 200 members in the New Delhi area. He spoke about doing missionary work and what needs to happen in order for a temple to come to India.

Also he told us how mission calls work. He said he comes into work in the morning and on the computer is a list of all the missions in the world. Then at the top of the page is a list of missions that are in need of missionaries.So their first priority is to fill those spots in those missions that need missionaries. He says that they view your profile to see if you have any restrictions. Then they place you where they feel the Lord needs you most.

At church on Sunday there was a tall white gentleman by the name of Brother Daines that was present. I asked him where he was from and he said "the United States". Well Duh! Then I asked where and he said "the west coast". Then I asked which state? He said "Washington State". In my mind I was thinking "Yes! That's my fellow Washingtonian". He is from Spokane. Which is about a 5 hour drive from my house. He has 7 kids and has one that's serving in the St. George, Utah Mission. He's and Engineer for a telecom company called Ciena.

Overall this week was great. Our main focus for the rest of this transfer is going to be to focus on the less- actives.

Elder Dusara out 

With Bro Daines from Spokane WA




New Delhi crew