Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week 32: New companion and new role as a District Leader

Last week was a bit busy for Elder Dusara. He was given a new companion and a new role as a district leader.  The district leader is there to support 4-6 other missionaries in his area and assist them with their teaching, finding and service opportunities.  Basically, he has been asked by his mission president to assist others in being the best missionaries they can be.

So I was called to be the new district leader. I have a new companion and his name is Elder Braganza. He's from Hyderbad. He is hometown friends with my last companion Elder Jalagam. I can tell that he's a hard worker and our motto for this transfer is going to be "work hard, play harder". This transfer we are going to work well together. So in my apartment is Elder Braganza (Hyderbad,India) then Elder Roberts (Plattville, Wisconson) and Elder Singh (Sacramento, California). My nickname for him is the Hotline Singh.

In the few days that we've been together we've been doing a lot of finding. We have both started to see success already with having strangers come up to us and start talking first.

This week we are having a big Thanksgiving dinner at the mission home. I'll try to take some pictures to show everyone how we celebrate Thanksgiving on the other side of the world. Also all of us missionaries are building the Nativity scene outside of our chapels. I'm in charge of bringing a star to light up. Lets hope that I don't mess that one up.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm thankful for my supportive family, friends and for fast cars. Amen.

Elder Dusara

New companion - Elder Braganza
Bollywood hero on a CBR 
Delhi Playground

Chilly day