Questions for Parents?

Questions for Parents?

Email: sdusara@frontier.com

Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 14: Elder Dusara gets transferred to Camarillo

So I found out that I'm getting transferred to Camarillo on Tuesday. I hear it's a really pretty area. I'm sad to leave the Templeton ward. I'm excited for a fresh start in a new area. My new companion will be Elder Snyder. He served In Templeton just 4 months ago. I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about.

My companion is getting transferred to the Lompoc area. I'm gonna miss Elder Summers.

Today we are playing basketball with a couple less actives from my ward. Jason Hill and Steven Mosley. They are both awesome people. Jason invited me to come back after the mission to go to Magic Mountain with him. Also Steven in from Tacoma, Washington so we have a lot to talk about. I continue to see that both of them have a growing desire to have the gospel to be a bigger part in their lives. It's just amazing to see the progression that they've made the past month or so. 

Also Elizabeth Cripps got baptized into the Paso 1st ward on Saturday. It was amazing to see because I was one of the missionaries that first started teaching her. She was the definition of a "golden investigator". She had already read through all the lessons before we even taught her. She also blew through the entire Gospel Principles book in a month. I know I'll share her story with everyone I meet because it's truly amazing. Oh and by the way her dad is a baptist minister.

This past week we did service for Cowboy Larry and of course he took us out to eat after. On Friday he celebrated his 80th birthday so I bought him a gift card to in-n-out burger and a card from Duck Dynasty that said " Work hard, Nap hard". He absolutely loved it. Cowboy Larry is going to put that card to use by taking us out for lunch at In-N-Out. 

Templeton, it's been fun, but God be with you until we meet again.

A bday pic with Cowboy Larry